Day 17

Calling All Followers!!!

If you are here on this blog - reading this post - I'm going to assume you care just as much as me about fighting cancer, and more specifically childhood cancer. So if that's the case, why not follow this blog??? Do you see that little sidebar title down to the right that says FOLLOWERS... Well - that's what I'm talking about. Follow this blog, follow Give One Million on Twitter, and follow Give One Million on Youtube and Facebook (when I get those up and running).

Just to convince you, I'll list the top five reasons you should follow Give One Million.

5. When we reach our goal - you'll be able to tell your friends you were one of the first to follow.

4. Since you'll be up-to-date on everything - you will be able to help out when you can.

3. You'll show your friends and family that you are supporting something to find a cure for cancer

2. It will help me know that I'm not staying up until one in the morning every night chronicling this goal for no reason. (OK - maybe that's a little selfish on my part - but it's nice to know that someone out there is listening - and actually cares about what we're doing here)

And the number one reason to follow Give One Million is...

1. With every donation, and all your support - you will literally be helping kids that have been diagnosed with cancer and the families of kids with cancer at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Anything you can do to help and support them is a good thing!

OK - I'm just thinking out loud here - but go with me for a minute. Imagine if Give One Million had 10,000 or 20,000 or 30,000 followers? Just think what we could do to reach our goal of one million dollars. Melissa (my wife - for those of you that don't know me) came up with a great idea: Dollar Day. We tell all of our followers that such and such a date is dollar day. Tell all of our followers that on that day (whatever day it is) to donate just one dollar. that's it. Just one dollar. Well, if I get half of my followers to donate $1 on that day - and let's say we have 20,000 followers for this example - that means we earn $10,000 in one day toward our goal!!! Do you get where I'm going with this... That's just one idea of something we can do if we get people following what we're doing here.

So are you in? Good!

Help me reach one million in one year. Donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment