Day 27 - $500

WOW! We just hit $500! Somehow that feels like a milestone. Thanks to everyone that has donated so far. We are making a difference. I know this is only the beginning - but just think... even if this is all we raised, we just gave $500 to a family and child that really needs our help at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. We just gave $500 toward finding a cure for cancer. It's pretty cool if you stop and think about it. Just think how cool it will be when we hit our goal!

I'm working on lots of fundraisers I can do. From Big to Small, I don't care. Soon I'll start posting pics of what I'm doing, so you can see. And if you do anything - let me know and I'll share it with everyone as well. I know we have some big ideas in the works - So I can't wait to get some of it posted.

I have so many Ideas and things going on, it's hard to keep them straight. Melissa and I are going to sit down and consolidate all of the ideas (and sticky notes - that are making our computer desk almost unworkable at this point) into a list we can actually keep up with everything and make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

You may have noticed Give One Million is officially on Facebook now. Take a look at the button on the right side of the blog. Click there to go to the Give One Million Facebook page. Become a fan and invite all your friends to be fans as well!!!

This is kind of a random thought, but here it goes... This morning on my way to work I heard Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror". I've heard that song many times, but never really listened to the lyrics. After actually paying attention to the lyrics, I think it describes what were doing here pretty well. If we want to make a change - it starts with us!

Talk Soon,

David

Help me reach one million in one year. Donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment