Day 135 - $5,152

August is going great so far. A big thanks to Caleb at Run Fearless for putting on the 5K in Provo! They earned $200 all by running a few miles! My mom/dad/aunt/uncle set up a Give One Million booth at a local market in Ogden, UT. They earned $212 today! The best part of these fundraisers today was that they took care of everything while I was off doing other Give One Million stuff- and that's really what we need if this is ever going to work. I need people all over the country "joining" with me in this goal. I'm doing the absolute best I can to do everything I can possibly do... But there's only one of me, and there's only 24 hours in a day. I need like a thousand of me! ...and that's where you come in :)

So we have an official name for the bowling event:

The Give One Million Bowl-A-Thon for St. Jude

it will be in two weeks, and I am doing my darndest to get this all worked out. Today was going to be the day to get all the marketing material out "on the town". Since I was in D.C. all week on business travel (yes, I do have a full-time job other than GOM... unfortunately) It threw a wrench in my schedule, and I'm working furiously to get all the advertising out there so I can have a good two weeks of marketing for the event. I met with Lunar Bowl this morning for an hour or so, and finalized the plans. I was then headed home to create the flyers/posters to take to Office Depot for printing. Well a nail in my tire changed those plans (I type that sentence with anger!!!). It was actually more like a bolt. Well, I really needed a complete new set of tires anyway - so I spent the afternoon at the tire shop.

That put me a few hours behind.

By the time I finished making the flyers and posters for printing - Office Depot was closed.

For those of you that have a GPS device - you'll know what I'm talking about. You know how when you're following your GPS, and you miss a turn, or make a wrong turn it says, "Recalculating - please wait..."

Well, It seems like Give One Million works kind of the same way. I think I'm on track with my plans, and something just doesn't work out like it should, or something goes wrong - and I can almost hear the GPS voice in my head, "Recalculating, please wait..." Then I have to figure out the new path to take to my goal. No worries though. I'm still headed toward $1,000,000!

Thanks for the help everyone. Please keep supporting me.

Good night all,

David

Help me reach one million in one year. Donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment