Day 6 - $175

Thanks to my good friends for bringing us up to $175! All I have to say is: AWESOME!

This has been a pretty cool first week. I find myself consumed with this project. I've been up until one or two in the morning every day working on this. When I'm at work I constantly think of "things I could do to the blog" or "ways I can get people to donate" or "ways I can publicize what we're doing here". It's actually really fun to have something like this to focus on... Something that is more fulfilling than sitting in a cubicle and working on spreadsheets all day.

So this is what I've been up to lately...

I started a Give One Million Twitter account. I'll answer before you even ask: No, I have never used Twitter before. I'm not sure that I've even been to their website. But I'm willing to give it a try if it will help the cause. I figure it will be one more avanue to spead the word about St. Jude, and that can only help... right. So if you are on Twitter follow me, and if you're not... well heck, sign up and start following Give One Million. Then you can tweet all your friends and enlist them in our one million dollar goal for St. Jude. You'll also notice I added a cool little Follow Me Twitter button to the right. Is that cool or what?!?! OK, maybe everyone and their dog has something like that. But if you stayed up until midnight figuring out how to add that to your blog, I think you would be a little more impressed with my feat. I'm just saying...

You will also notice I added some neat little Share buttons below each post and a buzz button above each post. A lot of you probably don't even know what half of those buttons are, let alone how to use them - but trust me - there are people out there that do, so I'm hoping it will make it easier for everyone (you included) to spread the word, and create a little buzz for us. So please use them if you can. Especially the buzz button at the top. Thanks to everyone that's followed along for this first week, and especially those that have donated! We are just beginning, and have a long way to go, but we can do it.

So...

As my Dad would say, "Let's light this candle!!!"

Help me reach one million in one year. Donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment