Day 2 - $100

Well, it’s day two, and here it goes…

I will be the first to donate. I want to donate enough to make a difference, enough to show that I’m serious, enough to encourage others to be generous, enough so it hurts a little – you know – makes a dent in the monthly budget. So my first donation will be $100. It may not be much for some people – It may be a lot for others. But for me, I think it’s a good start.

Now let me explain how you can donate as well. It’s simple. On the right side of this blog you will see the CLICK HERE TO DONATE link.

Click it.

This will take you to my St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital donation page with the goal of $1,000,000. It has a neat little progress bar that tells us how we’re doing on the side. But the important part is above that; the DONATE NOW button.

Click it.

Just follow the directions, and BOOM! You have officially joined the fight against cancer.

So here’s the deal. At this point I have a grand total of $100 toward my goal of one million for St. Jude. The first logical step is friends and family. So if you’re reading this now, there’s a good chance you know me or are related to me somehow. (Hi Mom!) But even though I’m one cool dude, I only know so many people. I’m thinking I may get a thousand or so - if that - from family and friends. So that means I am going to need to get approximately $998,900 from people I don’t know… total strangers. That’s quite a daunting task. Don’t worry though, I’ve got a bevy of ideas on how to get the word out – and I’ll keep you up-to-date on everything I am doing as I do it. All you need to do is check back here often because I may be asking for help. Speaking of help... who’s going to be number two???

Help me reach one million in one year. Donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment