Day 1 - $0

Well for my first order of business, I plan to start a blog so everyone can follow my progress, and know when and how to help. Second order of business is to name my “Goal”.

So if you’re reading this, I’m guessing it’s safe to assume I got the blog thing figured out. This will be a continual work in progress, so don’t get too used to anything. As I learn more about the whole blogging thing, hopefully it will get better. Though this blog will be the place all traffic is directed too, I will set up a donation site with St Jude’s that I will be the actual place of donation. That way all the money stuff is taken care of through their system, and I/you don’t have to worry about it. They have a pretty nice little set up for this, so there’s no reason to reinvent the wheel.

Now, onto the name…

I’m just thinking out loud here. I want it to be catchy so people remember and participate in what I’m doing. But not so catchy that it sounds like I’m some used car salesman. Hmmmmm. Let’s evaluate the options.

My St Jude Project
The Million Dollar St Jude Project
The Million Dollar St Jude Challenge
The Million Dollar St Jude Experiment
St Jude Millionaire
One Million For The Kids
One Million For St Jude
Project Cancer Killer
We Can Do It For St. Jude
Help David Help St Jude
Help Me Help St Jude
St Jude Goal
The St Jude Challenge
Give One Million For St. Jude
A Million Strong For St Jude
A Million Strong: The St Jude Challenge
The Million Dollar Goal: St Jude Children’s Hospital
The Million Dollar Challenge: St Jude Children’s Hospital
St Jude: The Million Dollar Goal
St Jude: The Million Dollar Challenge
The St Jude Project: David Feldman’s Million Dollar Goal

I think I like “Give One Million For St Jude”.

Yep, now that I think about it more, I think that’s the name.

Well, that’s day 1. I know I’m basically writing this to myself because I haven’t publicized what I’m doing yet, and if you’re reading this, it’s most likely a few days past day one. (Whenever I get around to sending out links to this site.) But regardless of when you begin following Give One Million For St Jude, today was a big step for me - Possibly the biggest.


*** DISCLAIMER*** Let me get this out of the way up front. Yes, I did take a business writing class in college, but no I’m not an English major. There will be grammatical and spelling errors in my posts. I don’t plan to reread each post 50 times to make sure everything is correct before I publish it. The point of this blog is to get the point across about what I’m doing, and enlist everyone’s help for this cause - not create an example of grammatical perfection. Also, I’m sure you already noticed, but I like to use ellipsis a lot because I feel like it conveys how I think in my head. So if you don’t like it… too bad.

Help me reach one million in one year. Donate now!

No comments:

Post a Comment